It’s been awhile, I know. Don’t pick up the torches and pitch forks just yet, I’ve got a post just for you. I want to stray for a moment. Stray from my recent theme of talking about my one armed life and talk about something we can ALL relate to. Whether you’re a Strong Woman, a Super Mom or a pretty awesome mixture of both, you deserve some recognition and I’m going to give it to you.
Being a Strong Woman.
You’re independent with a good head on your shoulders and the answer no is not an option. No one is going to tell you that you can’t accomplish something and you stand up for what is right-even if you’re standing alone. You take dominant roles in your career and excel beautifully. People look at you with respect and you own up to who you are. You enjoy the company of a man but you don’t need one to be successful or happy. Someone looks up to you, whether it be a child or friend, someone admires your hard work. Being a strong woman means knowing when to be vulnerable and when to be open. Loving God and putting your trust in Him makes you unstoppable.
As a strong woman you will:
- Set your mind to something and achieve your goals.
- Give and take respect-do not expect to earn it when you don’t dish it out.
- Listen to other Strong Women. Empower each other instead of push each other down.
- Be humble in victory AND defeat. Your true colors shine in defeat-remember that.
- BE PICKY!! You’re allowed to like and dislike anything you want. Find the things you like and indulge.
- Open your heart to love. Friend, colleague, significant other, family, neighbor… Love and be loved.
- Treat everyone as equals. Women have come along way, let’s not go backwards.
- Stand by your spouse. Equal spotlight is healthy.
- Have integrity and morals. Hold yourself to a higher standard.
- Love YOURSELF. Dammit love yourself. Love your mind, body and soul despite the universal attempt to do so otherwise.
- Exercise your mind, body and soul.
- Trust in HIM.
When you can grasp these and own them, you will be the STRONGEST woman you can be. Hunny, that’s the truth.
Being a Super Mom.
If you’re a mom, you’re already a strong woman. Don’t let anyone tell you different-they’d be a fool anyhow. Whether you’re a stay-at-home mom or a full time slave (oops, aren’t they the same?) You’re constantly being looked at for answers. Have the kids had their baths? Will I make my deadline? Are the bills paid? Can we have sex tonight? The laundry is piled as high as the roof and the kids lunches are thrown together. Complete madness I tell you, but it’s real life. The kids are still alive so in my book, that’s a successful day. Typically, the house runs because of you. The world would completely fall apart if you spent more than five minutes away-or so your kids and hubby think. A Super Mom doesn’t always have their hair brushed perfect, face full of makeup or have a Starbucks in hand like we tend to see on Instagram. I want to give a shout out to you normal, human being, Super Moms out there. Raw, imperfect and sometimes messy mamas are the bees knees and keep this world turning.
As a super mom, you will:
- Get all kinds of stuff on your favorite clothes- lets just leave it at that.
- Hear the word “NO” too many times- can they just take that word out of the dictionary already?
- Always have a shadow-can’t a woman go to the bathroom without company?
- Juggle better than the juggler in the local 3-ring circus.
- Kiss numerous dirty little boo boos.
- Cry tears of joy when your little one reaches a milestone.
- Belly laugh when your kid does something ridiculous.
- Try to workout from home while your kid tugs on you for Lord knows what.
- Be made out to be the bad guy 9 out of 10 times.
- Ignore the sideways looks you get when your terrible twos child decides to throw themselves on the floor in the middle of the produce aisle.
- Embrace your ever changing body. Not easily of course, but I’m with you girl.
- Most of all… LOVE that baby more than you have EVER loved anything in your entire existence. At the end of the day, the messy hair and achy feet mean nothing when you hold that sweet sleepy head in your arms. You are a SUPER MOM because you love them unconditionally and rock it the whole way through.
It’s often hard to be the perfect woman, wife, mother and Christian. Guess what? You don’t have to be perfect. Be the best you can be, keep busting your butt and the rest will fall into place naturally. When I figure out how to time manage along with everything else, I’ll let ya know. Until then, you are STRONG and you are SUPER. Say it with me…. “I am STRONG and I am SUPER.” Again. Say it as many times as it takes for you to believe it. Forget about the shirt you turned pink in the wash, forget about the meetings you’re typically five minutes late to and forget about the annoying opinions that you didn’t ask for. You’ve got this and I’m proud of you.